There are lots of available options you may consider when you have decided to host your site. Aside from looking for a company that you can work with for website hosting purposes, there are also other factors that you need to take into consideration. Before you hire a company, ask yourself about the type of hosting package your website needs, and do a research on whether or not your chosen company can provide you with the right services.
To those individuals who are just starting to create their initial website, you have probably heard the term “shared hosting.” If this is your first time to encounter the term, you are in the right place. In this post, we are going to share to you what we know about shared hosting and answer whether it is helpful or not for your site.
Below are some pieces of information you need to know about shared hosting. So, if you want to know more about it, then keep on reading and enjoy!
Shared Hosting – Explained
Shared hosting has the power to enable different web pages to use only one server at the same time. Generally, people who usually browse the internet don’t know what and who receives the information they browse on a particular website using a shared server. Different hosting companies provide their customers with a fixed number of server resources that they can utilize. But this will always depend on the shared hosting company you hire.
If you don’t have the budget to avail of other alternatives to host your website, you can rely on shared hosting. It is one of the most economical and inexpensive options that can provide you with quality works and services. Considering that most of the companies you may work to provide similar storage space, it is crucial to look for a reliable and trustworthy company.
The Benefits of Shared Hosting
Aside from being the easiest and cheapest option for hosting your website, shared hosting also offers a unique set of benefits. Let’s take a look at these advantages below.
- You don’t need to be tech-savvy. It does not require any technical maintenance since it is the job of the hosting company you are working with.
- Shared hosting is easy to access. You don’t need to worry if you are a beginner. It enables you to keep an eye to your website easily and conveniently with the help of its enabled-cPanel.
- As mentioned, people who get started in building their website usually work with a shared hosting company. Lots of hosting companies out there offer different hosting levels. This means that your hosting package is upgradable. Don’t worry; upgrading your hosting package can be done in no time.
- As stated multiple times, shared hosting is the most inexpensive hosting option available by far. If you have 3.00 US Dollars in your pocket, you can now start working with a hosting company.
The Drawbacks of Shared Hosting
Just like the other products and services you avail, shared also comes with some disadvantages. It is important to know the drawbacks of a service before availing it to determine whether it is beneficial for your website or not. Let’s take a look at the minimal drawbacks of shared hosting.
- It does not have enough customization options. This might be a problem if you want to boost the overall performance of your site.
- You don’t have any idea who and what type of person or websites you share your site information with. Even though this does not happen usually, there’s still a chance for the other websites accessing the same server to pose risks and damages to your website.
- Your main goal of why you hire a hosting company is to improve the traffic level of your website. Unfortunately, as the individuals who browse your site increase, the traffic level also increases, which might result to low-quality site performance.
Shared hosting is a perfect option for beginners who are planning or decided to create their website. This is also good for those website owners that receive a low level of traffic. Take note; shared hosting companies offer a wide range of hosting plans. You can change your hosting package when you think you need an upgrade.